Phuket travel guide, Thailand by Dive Asia



Phuket travel guide, Thailand


Quick Search
 line
   Deutsche Seiten
 line
Live Chat with Skype
My status
 line
24 Hour Hotline
+66(0)818948588

 line

 
 

Phuket Thailand travel guide - Welcome


Discover a tropical Wonderland

Phuket (pronounced “Poo-get”) Island is commonly referred to as the “Pearl of the South” and is the largest island in Thailand. Phuket Island runs 48 kilometers (34 miles) north to south and 21 kilometers (16 miles) east to west. Phuket is broken by a chain of mountains and valleys mainly from a north-south range running down the west coast. This accounts for about 70% of the land area. The tallest peak, Mai Tao Sip Song (12 Cane Peak) is 529 meters high. The other 30% of the island is flat and comprises mainly the central and eastern portions of the island.

Lying in the Andaman Sea off southern Thailand’s west coast, the island’s terrain is incredibly varied, with rocky headlands, long broad sandy beaches, limestone cliffs, forested hills, small estuaries, lagoons, and tropical vegetation of all kinds. Its large size has allowed micro-climates to develop in different areas of the island.

The island offers many different looks and feels for you to discover and enjoy. From Kata Beach with its spectacular tropical scenery, to the stately Casuarinas trees that are found on Nai Yang Beach just a few kilometers north. From the triple canopy rainforest of Khao Phra Thaeo National Park to the mud flats and mangrove swamps of Koh Siray. Limestone outcroppings line the east coast and solid granite boulders on the west. Phuket is truly a tropical wonderland and offers something for just about everyone.

 

line
Home | Liveaboard Cruises | Day Trips | Diving Courses | PADI IDC - CDC | TEC Diving | Dive&Save | Reef Guide | Phuket Guide | About Dive Asia | FAQ | Links | Blog | Contact us

 

 Leopard Shark at Similan Islands Thailand  Tropical Island Thailand  Phuket Thailand scuba diving course  Diving in Phuket Thailand  Scuba divers at Phi Phi

 

Logo Dive Asia Phuket Thailand

Dive Asia - Phuket Thailand
Office Address:  24 Karon Rd, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand
Phone:  +66 (0) 76330598 or 76284117 Fax:  +66 (0) 76284033
Visit us at one of our Offices: (Google Map)
Email:   Website:  www.diveasia.com
24 Hour Hotline: +66 (0) 818948588
" "

TAT Logo

PADI CDC 5 Star Career Development Center - Store No S-2925
Member of the Tourism Authority of Thailand - Licence No 34/00389
Member of the Association of Thai Travel Agents - Licence No 02386

ATTA Logo
" "
 Copyright © Dive Asia Phuket Thailand